12 February 2012

Saturday Night is Curry Night...(Winter Warmers pt4)

We're trying to stop ordering out for dinner...so I am making my own versions of our favourite take-out meals...Last night was Curry Night...and the curry I made also fits into my Winter Warmer classification. I do make 'proper' curries from time to time, but more often than not they tend to be tomato-based, whatever is in the fridge/cupboard type meals...although, as I tend to have similar ingredients around most of the time, my curries tend to be pretty similar! Last night's was... 
...Chicken, Aubergine, Spinach and Mushroom Curry...


Serves: 2 plus leftovers
Freezes: Yes
Prep time:10mins
Cooking time: 30-40 mins
Ingredients:
1Tbsp oil
3 chicken breasts, diced
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1inch piece of root ginger, grated finely
1 aubergine, diced
250g mushrooms, thickly sliced
Bag of baby spinach leaves, chopped
1 400g tin chopped tomatoes in juice
200ml chicken stock
2Tbsp curry paste (your choice which one, we like Pataks Balti or Jalfrezi)
Basmati rice and natural yogurt to serve


Method:
  • Soften onion, garlic and ginger in pan (I use my Le Crueset). This should take about 5 mins.
  • Add chicken and brown all over.
  • Add aubergine and mushrooms, cook over low-medium heat for about 8 mins. (I put the lid on for this)
  • Add tomatoes, curry paste and stock, stir well and bring to boil, then simmer (lid off) on low heat for 20 mins.


  • Once the chicken is almost cooked, add the chopped raw spinach, stir in and allow to wilt. 
  • I sometimes cook to this point early in the day then turn off and reheat when needed...
















  • If serving now, serve with plain boiled basmati and a spoonful of natural yogurt...


ENJOY!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...