27 February 2012

Mondays...with a bit of baking thrown in for good luck...

Mondays in our house tend to take a similar path each week...School run (always), supermarket (most Mondays), washing (does it ever end!), tidying (again...does it ever end??!!), catch up with emails, blog etc (if I have time)..dinner prep (definitely), a bit of baking (maybe), some sewing (if I'm lucky!)...school run (essential), dinner (goes without saying), cubs and guides (most Mondays), bedtime routines, grown-up time...and then we hit Tuesday...for the next 5 weeks or so, I am gong to be working Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so blogging will have to come either side...


But right now, let's concentrate on today...
the first five items on the above list have been achieved...and I am about to go for numbers six, seven...and eight...wish me luck...


Number six...dinner prep, I have decided to try and use up some of the bits and pieces in the freezer...so tonight's mystery meal is a chilli...but made with chunks of pork instead of beef!! I thought I could use my standard beef chilli recipe which we love and substitute in pork instead!!?? Will let you know later on how it turns out...


Number seven...a bit of baking, after the melting moments were so popular and now there are not enough to see the lunch boxes through the week! I was asked by Alex (my 8 yr old) if I could make a tray bake...so I had a hunt through some torn out recipes I keep higgledy piggledy in a magazine file...(I really need to sort them out!) and found this...
A tray bake Chocolate Fudge Cake from none other than James Martin...(so it should be good!!) Taken from the June 2010 edition of Good Food Magazine...The link will take you to the complete recipe and method...so I shan't re-type it...as I said before..it isn't mine to do that! But I can point you to the published recipe :-)
Melting the butter, sugar and chocolate...
It turns lovely and glossy...But I forgot the water!! Will it matter??
Adding soured cream and eggs...
Whisking in flour and cocoa...
Ready to bake...consistency is looking OK without the water in step 1!!
Having to share the oven with 'tweaked' Chunky Pork Chilli...
Only took 45 minutes in my Circotherm oven...
Making the frosting...don't you just want to dive right in...?
Final touches before popping in the fridge to chill down...and set the topping.
A Patchwork of Chocolate Fudge Cake...


The smallish people couldn't wait for the topping to set properly...


All in all it tasted OK...a bit on the dry side - due to missing the 100ml of water that should have gone in with the chocolate, sugar and butter right at the start...guess that's what happens when you have too many things on the go!! However...the plates were clear...and they want it tomorrow!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...