6 February 2012

All Things Bundt and Beautiful

I've always fancied having a bundt pan...so, I treated myself to a one a couple of weeks ago...














but it wasn't until this weekend that I got a chance to try it out!

It took me quite a while to find a recipe to try...an internet search pulled up hundreds of Bundt and ring cake recipes, many of them involving lemon or chocolate. But all I wanted was a plain vanilla cake that would suit all tastes (including children) as we were going to friends for Afternoon Tea on Sunday.
I remembered seeing a Nigella Christmas episode where she made a Christmas Tree ring cake, covered in powdered sugar snow...and I knew that was the cake I wanted to make.
Another internet search, and I found it...Nigella's Spruced Up Vanilla Cake...It sounded divine, and suited to the occasion perfectly...So on Saturday morning I baked one
...and this one had no 'Tweaks' by me, I needed to keep 100% to the recipe...being that this was the first attempt at making it.


It took almost an hour to bake in the end, but the wait was well worth it... 


...and the tin worked a treat! As did the Cake Release I liberally applied before pouring in the cake batter.










Unfortunately for our friends, they never got to taste it, as the snow put a stop to Afternoon Tea...










...however, The four of us had some of it for elevensies on Sunday along with hot chocolate and homemade bourbon biscuits...just the thing for warming up 2 very chilly, snow-covered children!



Made from The Primrose Bakery Book that I had last year for my birthday.
In fact the children liked both so much they have a slice of vanilla cake in their lunchboxes today, and have asked if they can have a bourbon for an after school snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...